Diane’s 3-Step Anchovy Paste
Check this out before you open another can of anchovies!
1. Open the can just enough that the oil can drain out.
2. Drain anchovy oil into storage container. Cover, store in fridge and use in your favorite recipes where anchovy-ish flavored oil would work. There are lots of dishes like sauteed greens, Caesar dressing, scampi, clam sauce…ask me about it!
3. If you have any leftover anchovies just put them right back in the oil.
Diane’s 3-step Homemade Anchovy Paste
1 can of anchovies in oil
Where is the “that was easy” button when you need it?
How I mash anchovies for paste. You will find your own technique that works best for you:
1. Lay diced anchovies on plastic cutting board.
2. Lay sharp knife (like mine CLICK HERE) flat on top of anchovies.
3. Press down, push forward and pull back repeatedly. You are mashing, cutting and scraping constantly until becomes a paste. Takes about 5 minutes.
4. Place paste in small zip top bag, smoosh to one corner and cut corner off with scissor.
5. Keep piping bag in airtight container in the fridge and it will be ready!