http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/blackbeanquinoapilaf2.jpg 173 224 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-06-10 15:20:282015-02-03 08:37:26Diane's Black Bean & Quinoa Pilaf
Diane's Black Bean & Quinoa Pilaf
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups low sodium chicken or veggie broth
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels (cooked)
- 2 cups black beans (cooked)
- 3 green onions (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery and garlic and cook until tender (5 minutes).
- Add quinoa, chili powder, cumin and dry mustard. Cook and stir until quinoa begins to brown lightly.
- Add broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (diced tomatoes through lime juice) in medium bowl.
- Add tomato mixture to quinoa mixture and gently combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.