http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Choco-Hazelnut-Spread.jpg 1200 1600 Diane Henderiks http://126.96.36.199/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-12-22 15:49:302017-01-08 08:50:29Choco~Hazelnut Spread
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure hazelnut extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour hazelnuts on sheet in an even layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Lift hazelnuts into your hands and rub them by the handful between your hands to remove the skins. Discard the skins. It's ok if a few are left.
- Put nuts in a high powered blender and blend on low until a butter forms. It will take about 5 minutes scraping down the sides frequently.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave.
- Pour chocolate, salt and extracts into blender with the hazelnuts.
- Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add more extract as needed.
- Transfer to a jar and store at room temperature. This will keep for about 2 weeks or so.