http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Peppermint-Bark.jpg 1200 1600 Diane Henderiks http://22.214.171.124/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-12-22 16:32:432017-01-08 08:45:16Classic Double Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 2 cups white chocolate chips or pieces
- 1 cup crushed peppermint candy or candy canes
- Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper covering the rim.
- Bring water in base of double boiler to a boil. Place dark or semi-sweet chocolate in top pot, heat and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until melted and smooth about 5 minutes.
- Pour melted chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer. Tap baking sheet on the counter to help even the layer. Set aside.
- Wash and clean double boiler.
- Bring water in base of double boiler to a boil. Place white chocolate in top pot, heat and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until melted and smooth about 5 minutes.
- While the white chocolate is melting place chocolate filled baking sheet in the refrigerator for 3-5 minutes to set softly but not completely. (If it hardens completely the two layers may separate.)
- Add peppermint candy crumbs to the white chocolate and stir to combine completely.
- Pour mixture on top of semi hardened chocolate on baking sheet and spread out quickly into an even layer.
- Refrigerate until set, about an hour.
- Remove bark to a cutting board, place point of sharp knife into bark, apply a little pressure and twist your wrist to break apart. Pieces should be irregular and about 1-1/2 inch in size.