http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/peppermintbark1.jpg 3456 4608 Diane Henderiks http://220.127.116.11/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2015-12-22 16:42:162017-07-11 12:29:15Crispy Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup crisp brown rice cereal
- 6 candy canes
- Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper covering the rim.
- Bring water in base of double boiler to a boil. Place chocolate in top pot, heat and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until melted and smooth about 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is melting, place candy in zip top bag, seal bag and crush with mallet into small crumbs.
- Place half of the candy cane crumbs in a small bowl, add rice cereal and stir to combine.
- Pour melted chocolate into the rice-candy cane mixture into combine completely.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer about one-half inch thick.
- Tap baking sheet on the counter to help even the layer.
- Evenly sprinkle remaining candy cane crumbs over bark.
- Refrigerate until set, about an hour.
- Remove bark to a cutting board, place point of sharp knife into bark, apply a little pressure and twist your wrist to break apart. Pieces should be irregular and about 1-1/2 inch in size.