http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/autumnsoup.jpg 461 465 Diane Henderiks http://18.104.22.168/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-10-17 16:41:472016-12-31 17:13:24Diane Henderiks’ Autumn Soup
Diane Henderiks’ Autumn Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (celery)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups low sodium veggie or chicken broth
- 1 parsnip (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 acorn squash (peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped (save seeds for roasting))
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 2 Medium carrots (peeled and coarsely chopped)
- 1 cup 1% milk
- Extra broth as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large stockpot over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, garlic & next 6 ingredients (cinnamon through garlic powder); sauté 4-5 minutes.
- Add broth, parsnip, squash and carrots.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Cool the mixture slightly.
- Place one-third of mixture into blender or food processor and process until smooth
- Pour pureed mixture into large bowl. Repeat step 6 with remaining mixture.
- Return pureed mixture to pot and stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Thin with additional broth as desired. Season to taste with salt and pepper.