http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/balsamicberrieswithricottacreme.jpg 640 640 Diane Henderiks http://188.8.131.52/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-05-18 15:25:122017-07-11 13:15:48Diane's Balsamic Berries with Ricotta "Cream"
- 1/4 cup Concord Grape and Balsamic Molasses
- 4 cups berries - any type, cleaned and sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar in the raw
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure extract - hazelnut, almond, vanilla, coconut, etc
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grated coconut (toasted)
- Make the molasses
- Gently toss berries in sugar.
- Drizzle 1/4 cup of molasses over berries and gently stir to combine.
- Refrigerate and let marinate about 1 hour.
- Whisk together ricotta cheese, yogurt, extract, confectioners sugar, cinnamon and low fat milk.
- Suggested plating – layer as follows: Place 1/4 cup fruit in bottom of dessert glass; Top with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture; Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds and 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted coconut; Repeat one more time