Diane Henderiks’ Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta “Cream”
4 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 tablespoon raw sugar
1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons low fat milk
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup almonds, toasted and slivered
1/4 cup coconut, toasted
1. Place berries large dish.
2. In small saucepan over medium heat, combine balsamic vinegar, lemon juice & sugar. Cook for 3 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and pour over berries. Refrigerate and let marinate about 1 hour.
4. Whip together ricotta cheese, vanilla and low fat milk.
5. Gently fold in yogurt and cinnamon.
6. To serve – layer as follows:
Place 1/4 cup fruit in bottom of dessert glass
Top with 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture
Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons almonds and 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted coconut
Repeat one more time