http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/figbastedsalmon.jpg 240 320 Diane Henderiks http://220.127.116.11/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-01-18 15:32:232015-02-03 08:43:37Diane's Fig Basted Cedar Planked Salmon
Diane's Fig Basted Cedar Planked Salmon
- 1 untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)
- 1/2 cup fig preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 salmon fillet – about 2 pounds
- Place plank in water and weigh down with heavy object to keep under water. Soak at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine next 7 ingredients (fig preserves through black pepper) in bowl, whisk well.
- Place fig mixture in small saucepan, bring to boil, whisk, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Brush top of cedar plank with oil, place fish on top and baste with mixture; reserving some.
- Place on preheated grill over medium heat, close the lid.
- Grill about 10 minutes, baste again and grill 5-10 more minutes or until fish is light pink and flakes easily with a fork.
- Drizzle remaining warm fig mixture on top of salmon.