http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/pepitayogurt.jpg 1920 2560 Diane Henderiks http://18.104.22.168/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-07-07 15:40:212015-02-03 09:36:00Diane's Nut-Crusted Frozen Yogurt with Honeydew-Mint Topping
Diane'sNut-Crusted Frozen Yogurt with Honeydew-Mint Topping
- 2 cups lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup your favorite nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground green tea leaves or matcha powder
- 1/4 cup dried mint leaves
- 1/4 cup your favorite 100% fruit juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup honeydew melon (diced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (finely chopped)
- Scoop frozen yogurt into ½ cup balls and place in single layer in freezer.
- Place nuts in food processor, coffee grinder or blender and pulverize to soft powder. Place in small bowl.
- Add next 5 ingredients (cinnamon through mint leaves) to nut powder and set aside.
- In small saucepan, dissolve honey in juice over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add melon and mint and cook about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Place nut mixture in small bowl. Roll frozen yogurt ball until lightly coated.
- Repeat with remaining frozen yogurt balls.
- Place each ball in small bowl and top with 2T warm melon compote, sprinkle of chopped mint and serve immediately.