Ingredients for ketchup
2 pounds very ripe tomatoes or 1 28-ounce can tomato puree
1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Additional ingredients for BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- Combine all ingredients for ketchup in high powered blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust to your liking by adding more vinegar, sugar, spices, etc.
- Remove lid and cook another hour or until mixture thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove 2 cups of ketchup, let cool and store covered in fridge.
- Combine additional ingredients for BBQ sauce to remaining ketchup in crock pot.
- Cover, turn crock pot up to high and cook for 2 more hours.
- Turn off, let BBQ sauce cool and store covered in fridge.