http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/crockpotbbqsauce2.jpg 2646 4593 Diane Henderiks http://220.127.116.11/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-06-16 15:28:432015-02-03 08:37:04Diane's Simple Crock Pot Tomato Ketchup & BBQ Sauce
Diane's Diane Henderiks’ Simple Crock Pot Tomato Ketchup & BBQ Sauce
- Ingredients for Ketchup:
- 2 pounds very ripe tomatoes or 1 28-ounce can tomato puree
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional ingredients for BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- Combine all ingredients for ketchup in high powered blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into crock pot, cover and cook on low for 4 hours stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust to your liking by adding more vinegar, sugar, spices, etc.
- Remove lid and cook another hour or until mixture thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove 2 cups of ketchup, let cool and store covered in fridge.
- Combine additional ingredients for BBQ sauce to remaining ketchup in crock pot.
- Cover, turn crock pot up to high and cook for 2 more hours.
- Turn off, let BBQ sauce cool and store covered in fridge.