Diane Henderiks’ Simple & Savory Rumaki
1 cup teriyaki
1 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon molasses
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 pound turkey bacon, cut package in half crosswise
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl whisk first 7 ingredients together (teriyaki through ground red pepper). Pour into gallon-sized zip top bag.
3. Place chicken cubes in bag with marinade, zip bag and turn to combine.
4. Place in refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour – overnight is fine.
5. Assemble Rumaki as follows:
-place half strip of bacon on work surface
-place water chestnut in center
-top with chicken cube
-wrap bacon around and secure with toothpick
6. Place on baking sheet and cook until bacon is browned.
7. Leave toothpick in and serve warm.