http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/frittata.jpg 2448 3264 Diane Henderiks http://18.104.22.168/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-03-29 15:26:082016-12-28 13:28:32Diane Henderiks' Simple Spinach & Cheese Frittata
Diane Henderiks’ Simple Spinach & Feta Frittata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion (sliced thinly)
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves (washed, squeezed dry and coarsely chopped)
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, feta, mozzarella, goat, etc)
- Gather ingredients.
- Place oven grate about 8 inches from broiler. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat olive oil in medium cast iron pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute 2-3 minutes until soft.
- In large bowl, whisk whole eggs and whites well. Add cottage cheese, whisk, add spinach and pepper, whisk.
- Stir in cheese, whisk. Pour egg mixture into pan with onions, reduce heat to low and cook about 10 minutes until the eggs are just set.
- Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve in center of table right from cast iron pan.