http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/clambake3.jpg 294 391 Diane Henderiks http://126.96.36.199/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-06-06 15:37:372015-06-16 17:22:41Diane's Backyard Clambake
Diane’s Backyard Clambake
- Seaweed or rockweed, soaked in water
- Banana leaves
- 2 dozen steamer clams (more if you’d like)
- 2 dozen fresh mussels
- 4 Medium red potatoes
- 4 ears of corn (cut in half)
- 4 live lobsters
- 8 extra large shrimp (11-15 count) (peeled, deveined, tails on)
- 4 Links turkey sausage (grilled or baked until done)
- 3 lemons (cut into wedges)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Get your charcoal coals glowing or heat grill to high.
- Wash the clams, mussels and potatoes thoroughly.
- Spread out a layer of seaweed across the grill.
- Top seaweed with corn and potatoes.
- Place lobsters on top of corn and potatoes.
- Top with clams, mussels and shrimp.
- Cover clambake with banana leaves or another layer of seaweed.
- Close lid and roast for 30 minutes. If using sausage, add now, continue to cook for another 15 minutes.
- Toss any unopened clams or mussels. Lobster is done when it turns red and you can twist the small legs and antennae. Meat should be firm when done.
- Serve immediately with drawn butter and lemon wedges.