http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/almondjoyporridge.jpg 772 1030 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-02-07 16:49:092016-12-28 15:32:34Diane's Coffee Cherry Almond Joy Porridge
Diane’s Coffee Cherry Almond Joy Porridge
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup low fat or skim milk
- 1 cup leftover coffee
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries - coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon natural no-calorie sweetener (I like to use "Nectresse" or "Stevia")
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened, shredded coconut (divided)
- Combine first 9 ingredients (oats through almonds) in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in almond butter and coconut and continue to simmer 5 more minutes. Add more milk as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with reserved coconut.