http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/friedrice.jpg 1920 2560 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-05-12 15:34:542015-02-03 10:32:30Diane's Chicken “Fried” Rice in a Flash
Diane’s Chicken “Fried” Rice in a Flash
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cups celery (diced)
- 3/4 cups onion (thinly sliced)
- 3/4 cups red bell pepper (diced)
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 2 cups whatever leafy green is on hand, shredded: kale, spinach, arugula, Romaine lettuce, etc
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green peas
- Sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (chopped)
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Combine first 6 ingredients (vinegar through red pepper) in bowl and whisk well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion and red bell pepper and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and carrot and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add greens and cook another minute.
- Drizzle 1/2 of the vinegar mixture into pan. Toss well.
- Add rice, peas, sesame seeds and parsley. Combine well.
- Stir in remaining vinegar mixture and heat thoroughly.
- Add additional soy sauce to taste.