http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Almond-Joy-Bark.jpg 773 1030 Diane Henderiks http://126.96.36.199/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-01-21 16:47:062017-01-08 08:07:47Diane's Crispy Chocolate Nut Bark
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts or any of your favorite nuts almonds, pecans and cashews
- 1/2 cup crisp brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut (shredded)
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper making sure to cover rim as well.
- Bring water in base of double boiler to a boil. Place chocolate in top pot, heat and stir with wooden spoon until melted and smooth about 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is melting, place nuts in zip top bag, seal bag and crush with mallet. Pour contents into bowl.
- Add rice cereal and 1/2 of coconut to bowl with nuts.
- Stir nut mixture into chocolate and with a rubber spatula, scrape mixture out of double boiler and onto foil.
- Sprinkle top with remaining shredded coconut and pat down gently with flat hand.
- Set aside until it hardens (about 30 minutes)
- Gently remove from baking sheet onto cutting board.
- Place point of sharp knife into bark and break into 1 inch pieces. (pieces will be irregular shapes but that’s ok!)
Pictured is the bark with crushed candy canes for the holidays.
Experiment by using a variety of nuts and different crunchy ingredients.
Lasts up to 2 weeks in fridge in airtight container.