http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/avocadoeggbreakfastblog.jpg 285 300 Diane Henderiks http://18.104.22.168/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-01-10 16:51:112015-02-03 09:10:40Diane's Go-To Breakfast
Diane’s Go-To Breakfast
- 1 Small zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 Hass avocado (sliced)
- 1 lime wedge (or 1 packet of True Lime)
- Your favorite powdered hot spice
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 4 strips.
- Heat large seasoned cast iron or non stick pan over medium heat. Add zucchini strips and cook for 3 minutes per side or until desired firmness (I like al dente)
- Place zucchini on serving plate.
- Gently add eggs to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes or until firm enough to flip. Break yolk slightly with spatula, top with cilantro and flip.
- Cook 1 more minute and turn off heat.
- Top zucchini with sliced avocado and squeeze lime wedge or sprinkle True Lime on top.
- Flip eggs over on top of zucchini and avocado then sprinkle hot spice on top.