http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/jicamasaladblog.jpg 465 587 Diane Henderiks http://22.214.171.124/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-06-11 14:58:582015-02-03 09:43:10Diane's Jicama & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Diane’s Jicama & Orange Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
- 1 Medium jicama bulb (peeled, cut in matchstick sized pieces)
- 2 Large cucumbers (peeled, seeded and cut in matchstick sized pieces)
- 1 Medium red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup orange segments (coarsely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno (ribs & seeds removed, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lots of freshly ground black pepper
- Combine first 5 ingredients for dressing in a bowl (orange juice through vinegar).
- Drizzle oil in slowly while whisking vigorously.
- Place all ingredients for salad in large bowl and toss well.
- Drizzle one half of dressing over salad and toss well.
- Add remaining dressing as needed and retoss.