Diane’s Pan-Seared Salmon with Velvet Lemon-Thyme Sauce
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2 teaspoons dried
6 packets True Lemon
1 salmon fillet (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
3/4 cup 1% milk
1/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
3/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese; shredded
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2t dried thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon paprika
3 packets True Lemon
salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients (mustard through True Lemon).
2. Place salmon on platter, brush lemon-mustard mixture over entire top and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
4. Pour remaining milk in a medium sauce pan. Heat slowly over medium-low heat until just under a boil – DO NOT BOIL
5. Whisk in flour mixture and cook, whisking continuously, until thick and smooth, about 4 minutes. (be patient…it will thicken).
6. Remove from the heat, whisk in yogurt then stir in cheese, thyme, paprika and True Lemon.
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Heat cast iron pan to high. Place salmon on the grill, skin side up and sear for 2 minutes. Flip and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
9. Divide salmon among 4 plates and top with warm Velvet Lemon-Thyme Sauce.