http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/20160116_181255.jpg 5312 2988 Diane Henderiks http://126.96.36.199/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2016-01-17 19:02:522016-01-17 19:02:52Diane's Super Simple & Delish Baba Ganoush
Diane's Super Simple & Delish Baba Ganoush
- 2 medium eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Poke holes all around the eggplant with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes or until soft inside. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and turn upside down on baking sheet to drain off the liquid.
- Pick up each half of eggplant, scoop the pulp into a food processor with a spoon and pulse 5 times.
- Add garlic, tahini, 1/2 of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup of parsley and pulse to incorporate.
- Taste, add more lemon juice and seasonings as needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with reserved 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Serve with crackers, pita and/or raw veggies.
Will keep covered in the fridge for several days.