http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/japchaeslaw.jpg 4032 3024 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2017-07-17 08:17:382017-07-17 11:19:03Diane's Sweet & Spicy Japchae Slaw
- 1 package/340g sweet potato noodles (Dangmyeon)
- 1 head of napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced – reserve 1/4 cup for garnish
- 3 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 cups baby kale or spinach
- 2 orange or yellow peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang – more or less depending on your heat preference
- 1 tablespoon sugar in the raw
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 heaping tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds – reserve 1 tablespoon for garnish
- Cook the noodles in a large pot of boiling water until soft, 5-7 minutes. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cool water. Using tongs or your hands lift the noodles over a clean mixing bowl and cut them from the bottom up in sections with scissors letting the cut pieces fall into the bowl. For this dish I like them about 4-6 inches long but experiment with longer and shorter pieces.
- Mix all ingredients for slaw together in large mixing bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients for sauce together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add 1/3 of dressing to the slaw ingredients and toss well to combine.
- Add more as needed. Refrigerate unused sauce. Works great as a marinade.
- Garnish with reserved sesame seeds and scallions.