http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/whitechickenchiliblog-300x246.jpg 246 300 Diane Henderiks http://220.127.116.11/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-12-18 16:46:352016-09-29 19:31:17Diane's White Chicken Chili
Diane’s White Chicken Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1lb boneless chicken breast (chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (diced)
- 2 4-ounce cans chopped green chili peppers
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 bottle amber beer
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup white beans, mashed
- 2 cups white beans, whole
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I love combo of pepper jack and sharp cheddar)
- In large saucepan over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until lightly browned.
- Add celery and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add next 6 ingredients (green chili peppers through cumin). Bring to a boil.
- Add beer, 1/2 cup chicken broth, mashed beans & whole beans. Stir well, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add more broth as needed.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in shredded cheese.
- Top with chopped jalapeno and extra cheese (if desired)