http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/stuffedjalapenobeauty.jpg 4608 3456 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-02-14 08:42:332015-05-14 19:05:06Diane's Stuffed Jalapenos
Diane's Stuffed Jalapenos
- 8-10 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (freshly grated)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1+ tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 1/2+ cup veggie or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Step 2. Place whole jalapenos on a baking sheet in even layer. Bake 5 minutes to soften a bit, remove and set aside to cool. Keep the oven on.
- Step 3. Use gloves to prepare jalapenos. Insert knife just below base of the top and carefully slice down lengthwise. Clean seeds and membranes carefully so you retain the pepper as a vessel to stuff. Repeat for each pepper.
- Step 4. In a small mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese and cilantro.
- Add lemon juice and 1/4 cup broth and mix adding more broth and lemon juice as needed to make a loose paste. Stir in olive oil.
- Take about 2 teaspoons of stuffing, squeeze and form an elongated “roll”. Stuff into each pepper and gently push down to fit in as much as possible.
- Lay on side in baking sheet.
- Roast in oven about 15 minutes.
For variety: Add a little of your favorite soft cheese...goat, blue, ricotta, etc.