http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/fennel-salad-2.jpg 589 689 Diane Henderiks http://22.214.171.124/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2017-04-01 12:59:012017-07-11 13:06:43Fennel, Parsley & Celery Salad, Meyer Lemon Caper Vinaigrette
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced – I use a veggie spiralizer and it works great
- 5 stalks of celery, sliced crosswise as thinly as possible
- 1 loose cup of flat leaf Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice*
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon drained nonpareil capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil – add more if desired
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed Marcona almonds - toasted
For the salad
For the dressing
- Combine all ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
- Whisk all ingredients for dressing together.
- Toss the salad with half of the dressing.
- Add half of the cheese and almonds. Retoss.
- Divide salad among 4 plates.
- Top with reserved almonds and cheese.
- Drizzle with extra dressing if desired or serve on the side.
*Substitute: 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice