Diane Henderiks’ Fig Basted Cedar Planked Salmon
1 untreated cedar plank (14x7x1 inch)
3/4 cup fig preserves
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon chili paste
pinch of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons of oil
1 salmon fillet – about 2 pounds
1. Place plank in water and weigh down with heavy object to keep under water. Soak at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Combine next 7 ingredients (fig preserves through black pepper) in bowl, whisk well.
3. Place fig mixture in small saucepan, bring to boil, whisk, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Brush top of cedar plank with oil, place fish on top and baste with mixture.
4. Place on preheated grill over medium heat, close the lid.
5. Grill about 10 minutes, baste again and grill 5-10 more minutes or until fish is light pink and flakes easily with a fork.
6. Drizzle remaining warm fig mixture on top of salmon.