http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/sabraflatbread.jpg 413 940 Diane Henderiks http://18.104.22.168/~dianehen/cms/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2014-02-06 03:22:382015-02-03 08:40:16Diane's Grilled Flatbread with Hummus & Mixed Veggies
Diane's Grilled Flatbread with Hummus & Mixed Veggies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 8 large mushrooms (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 Indian flatbreads (Naan or pocketless pita)
- 1 cup Sabra hummus
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the veggies: Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, bell pepper and mushroom. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 8 minutes or until veggies are soft. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Set aside.
- Place flatbread on grill or stovetop gas flame; grill for a couple of minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Place all four flatbread on baking sheet.
- Assemble the Flatbreads: Spread surface of flatbreads with hummus (just like you would sauce for a pizza). Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of hummus. Top with veggies then mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes if you want to spice it up.
- Place in oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.