http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/20180203_142753.jpg 3453 3024 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-02-03 14:50:202018-02-03 21:21:40Italian Mac~n~Parmesan Cheese Cup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 cups of cooked elbow macaroni or small shells, try whole wheat for a boost of fiber
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 3/4 cups panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 24-section mini muffin tray with olive oil spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and whisk milk in slowly until there are no lumps and it starts to thicken.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients (garlic powder through black pepper) and continue to stir until the cheese melts.
- Remove from heat and gently fold in egg, cooked pasta, olives, sundried tomatoes and basil.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin and evenly top with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops is browned and cups are bubbling.