Diane’s Arugula & Papaya Salad with Pomegranate-Lime Vinaigrette
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh pomegranate juice, save 1/2 cup seeds salad
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 tablespoon honey or 1/4 teaspoon dried Stevia leaf powder
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
5 cups baby arugula
1/2 red onion; thinly sliced
1/2 papaya; seeded, peeled and cubed
1. Make the dressing: whisk first 7 ingredients for dressing (vinegar through paprika) in a bowl.
2. Whisk in oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Make the salad: combine ingredients for salad in a large bowl.
4. Add half of the dressing to salad and toss thoroughly.
5. Add additional dressing as needed or serve a little extra on the side.