http://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/bakedapplesafterthumb.jpg 2285 2418 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-03-12 17:02:072015-05-14 19:24:18Diane's Sweet Tooth Satisfying Baked Apples
Diane's Sweet Tooth Satisfying Baked Apples
- 4 Large apples (washed, cored and bottom intact)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted nuts
- 1/8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 cup hot herbal tea of any kind. (I like peach or lemon zinger)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients (brown sugar through sunflower seeds).
- Place apples in a small baking dish. Stuff each apple with mixture and drizzle oil on top.
- Add hot tea to the baking dish Bake about 40 minutes, basting halfway through. They are done when apples are firm-tender.
- Remove from the oven and baste again.
- Serve warm with vanilla frozen yogurt.