Tuna Tartare with Ginger-Mango Gastrique
- 1 pound fresh sushi grade tuna, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- For the Ginger-Mango Gastrique:
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mango
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- For the Dressing:
- 1 green onion, finely chopped (pale green and white parts only)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Make the gastrique. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Pour mixture in blender and puree. Let cool.
Make the dressing. Combine all ingredients for dressing, set aside.
Cut tuna into 1/4-inch dice. Add dressing and gently toss well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Pour gastrique into squeeze bottle or place in zip top bag and cut small piece out of bottom corner so you can drizzle onto tuna.
When ready to serve place 2 teaspoons of tuna on chilled Chinese spoon (or other easy ?vessel? to pick up) and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Drizzle with ginger-mango mixture.