https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/peppermintbark1.jpg 3456 4608 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2015-12-22 16:42:162018-10-17 07:30:12Crispy Chocolate Candy Cane Bark
- 2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup crisp brown rice cereal
- 6 candy canes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bring water in base of double boiler to a boil. Place chocolate in top pot, heat and stir with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until melted and smooth about 5 minutes.
- While chocolate is melting, place candy in zip top bag, seal bag and crush with mallet into small crumbs.
- Place rice cereal in a small bowl, add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread out into an even layer about one-half inch thick.
- Tap baking sheet on the counter to help even the layer.
- Evenly sprinkle candy cane crumbs over bark.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Break into irregular pieces about 1-1/2 inch in size.