It’s that time of year again. Back to planning school lunches, after school snacks and weekday dinners. I’ve got you covered in the healthy snack department!
Here are 5 days, that’s a whole school weeks worth, of simple, healthy & delicious homemade snacks for the lunchbox or anytime. These are snacks that you can feel good about sending and will not be traded or used as flying vessels aimed at the garbage can by your hungry kids. I tested all of these out on my 2 boys when they were still packing lunches and got 2 big thumbs up. Added bonus…you maximize grocery shopping time and budget by using the snack ingredients to create easy and tasty loaded salads for quick and tasty weeknight dinners. Enjoy!
5 Simple, Healthy & Delicious Homemade Snacks (for kids AND adults)
- Hard boiled egg inside avocado half with salsa and whole grain chips
- Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit with pumpkin seeds ~ swap out the pumpkin seeds with any of your kids favorite seeds.
- Chicken salad lettuce boats with croutons ~ I throw some chopped spinach into the chicken salad for a nutrient boost.
- Graham cracker sandwiches with sunflower butter and a sprinkle of crushed dark chocolate chips
- Oven roasted turkey and cheese cucumber “sandwiches” ~ swap out the turkey and cheese with hummus, tofu, chicken, tuna or any of your kids favorite protein.