https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/baconwrappedshrimp2.jpg 2761 2840 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2010-02-18 15:24:112017-07-05 14:25:36Chicken Breast and Turkey Bacon Rumaki
Chicken Breast and Turkey Bacon Rumaki
- 1/2 cup teriyaki
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1lb skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 1lb turkey bacon (cut package in half crosswise)
- 1 can sliced water chestnuts
|Step 1.||Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.|
|Step 2.||In a medium bowl whisk first 7 ingredients together (teriyaki through lime juice). Pour into gallon-sized zip top bag.|
|Step 3.||Place chicken cubes in bag with marinade, zip bag and turn to combine.|
|Step 4.||Place in refrigerator and marinate for at least 1 hour – overnight is fine.|
|Step 5.||Assemble Rumaki as follows: |
-Place half strip of bacon on work surface and line them up.
-Place water chestnut on bacon 1/3 of the way up.
-Top with chicken cube
-Wrap bacon around and secure with toothpick
- Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet.
|Step 6.||Cook until bacon is browned ~ 8 to 10 minutes.|
|Step 7.||Leave toothpick in or replace with ornate skewers and serve.|