https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/locoporkchopsplated.jpg 2116 2365 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-01-16 16:53:452017-06-07 10:51:12Diane's Broiled Loco Pork Chops
Diane’s Broiled Loco Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops (thick cut, trimmed of fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 2 oranges or 1/2 cup fresh squeezed oj
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 scallions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (coarsely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Trim fat from pork chops. I cook up the scraps for my dogs and mix with cooked carrots and rice…they love it and no waste!
- Place pork chops in a deep baking dish that does not leave too much extra room and poke holes into pork with fork – you want the marinade to soak in.
- Combine next 13 ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour half of the mixture over pork chops and flip around so all surfaces have been coated. Cover and set in refrigerator to marinate for minimum of 2 hours - overnight is great.
- Preheat oven to broil and take pork chops out of fridge and let sit on counter for 10 minutes.
- Place pork chops in an oven-safe skillet. I love cast iron for this.
- Broil on the top rack of oven until chops begin brown, about 5 minutes.
- Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Move to center rack of the oven and bake for until done – about 10 minutes or until chops reach an internal temperature of about 145 degrees. They should be pale pink in the center.
- Serve with lime wedges and Diane’s Pineapple-Mango Salsa.