November 2, 2020
2C lowfat vanilla frozen yogurt
1/2 cup of your favorite nuts
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground green tea leaves or matcha powder
1/4 teaspoon dried mint leaves
1/4 cup of your favorite 100% fruit juice
1 teaspoon honey
1 cup diced honeydew melon
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Scoop frozen yogurt into ½ cup balls and place in single layer in freezer.
- Place nuts in food processor, coffee grinder or blender and pulverize to soft powder. Place in small bowl.
- Add next 5 ingredients (cinnamon through mint leaves) to nut powder and set aside.
- In small saucepan, dissolve honey in juice over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low, add melon and mint and cook about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Place nut mixture in small bowl. Roll frozen yogurt ball until lightly coated.
- Repeat with remaining frozen yogurt balls.
- Place each ball in small bowl and top with 2T warm melon compote, sprinkle of chopped mint and serve immediately.