https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/powerbarfandn.jpg 3456 4608 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-09-22 19:08:222015-02-03 08:46:12Diane's Out-the-Door Fruit & Nut Squares
Diane's Out-the-Door Fruit & Nut Squares
- 2.5 cups raw oats
- 1 cup bite sized shredded mini wheats (or your fave unsweetened cereal)
- 1/2 cup non fat dried milk powder
- 1 cup nuts - any unsalted
- 1/4 cup pepita (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 6 dried apricots (diced small)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line 9" X 13" baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl (oats through nutmeg).
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a medium bowl or use immersion blender.
- Spread mixture onto baking sheet and press and spread into even layer with back of a spoon.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges and top are lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into 20 squares.