https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/penneallavodka.jpg 200 200 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-06-22 15:38:362018-12-04 06:34:36Diane's Penne Alla Vodka in a Flash
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pepper-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 4 cups cooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Cook garlic in olive oil for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the next 5 ingredients (crushed tomatoes through vodka), bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir a spoonful of sauce into the sour cream then whisk mixture into the sauce.
- Stir in parsley and 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese.
- Toss pasta with sauce, sprinkle with remaining cheese, red pepper and serve.