March 24, 2020
2 medium eggplant
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tablespoons tahini
Juice of 1 lemon
Pinch each of salt and pepper
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
1 teaspoon good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Poke holes all around the eggplant with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes or until soft inside. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and turn upside down on baking sheet to drain off the liquid.
- Pick up each half of eggplant, scoop the pulp into a food processor with a spoon and pulse 5 times.
- Add garlic, tahini, 1/2 of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until creamy.
- Add 1/4 cup of parsley and pulse to incorporate.
- Taste, add more lemon juice and seasonings as needed.
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with reserved 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Serve with crackers, pita and/or raw veggies.