March 24, 2020
4 Large apples (washed, cored and bottom intact)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped unsalted nuts
1/8 cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 cup hot herbal tea of any kind. (I like peach or lemon zinger)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the next 6 ingredients (brown sugar through sunflower seeds).
- Place apples in a small baking dish. Stuff each apple with mixture and drizzle oil on top.
- Add hot tea to the baking dish Bake about 40 minutes, basting halfway through. They are done when apples are firm-tender.
- Remove from the oven and baste again.
- Serve warm with vanilla frozen yogurt.