https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/veggieminestrone.jpg 468 481 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-12-01 13:35:502018-12-01 13:35:50Diane's Veggie Minestrone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 quart diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2C cooked white beans ??
- 1 cup of your favorite shaped pasta
- 2C chopped baby spinach or your favorite leafy greens
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook 5 minutes.
- Add the next 10 ingredients (tomatoes through bay leaves). Bring to a boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, pasta and spinach and cook until the pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the parmesan and parsley.