https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/lemonthymesaucethumb.jpg 133 154 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-03-29 15:36:562015-02-03 10:36:02Diane's Velvet Lemon-Thyme Sauce
Diane’s Velvet Lemon-Thyme Sauce
- 1 tablespoon whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups 1% milk
- 1/4 cup low fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cups reduced fat cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 2t dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth.
- Pour remaining milk in a medium sauce pan. Heat slowly over medium-low heat until just under a boil – DO NOT BOIL
- Whisk in flour mixture and cook, whisking continuously, until thick and smooth, about 4 minutes. (be patient…it will thicken).
- Remove from the heat, whisk in yogurt then stir in cheese, thyme, paprika and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.