March 24, 2020
1 tablespoon olive oil
1lb boneless chicken breast (chopped)
1 large onion (diced)
2 celery ribs (diced)
2 4-ounce cans chopped green chili peppers
1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 bottle amber beer
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1 cup white beans, mashed
2 cups white beans, whole
1 cup shredded cheese (I love combo of pepper jack and sharp cheddar)
- In large saucepan over medium heat, cook chicken in oil until lightly browned.
- Add celery and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add next 6 ingredients (green chili peppers through cumin). Bring to a boil.
- Add beer, 1/2 cup chicken broth, mashed beans & whole beans. Stir well, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add more broth as needed.
- Remove from heat and slowly stir in shredded cheese.
- Top with chopped jalapeno and extra cheese (if desired)