https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/20180828_112005.jpg 4032 3024 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-08-26 11:13:032018-08-28 10:26:05Gambas al Pil Pil
Gambas al Pil Pil
- 1/4 cup or more extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced or sliced (I prefer minced)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound shrimp, 16-20 per pound, peeled, deveined, tails off
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Generously coat the bottom of an earthenware or cast iron pan with olive oil.
- Heat over medium heat and add garlic, red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons paprika, cayenne and half of the parsley. Sauté for until fragrant, about a minute or so.
- Turn heat up to high and add the shrimp and lemon juice and cook until shrimp are just pink. The shrimp will keep cooking in the hot pan when removed from the stove.
- Dust with remaining paprika and parsley and serve immediately.
This is one dish where a good crusty bread is needed to soak up the deliciousness in the bottom of the pan 🙂