https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/grilledromaine2.jpg 237 289 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2013-08-18 15:21:262015-02-03 08:05:36Diane's Grilled Romaine Salad
Diane's Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 heads Romaine Lettuce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs or 1/4 Cup chopped fresh herbs
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Slice heads of Romaine in half lengthwise, cutting through the knob at the end to hold it together.
- Place on platter cut side up.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In bowl whisk together olive oil, vinegar, minced bell pepper, herbs and garlic. Set aside.
- Place Romaine halves cut side down on grill and cook 3 minutes until charred.
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on each of 4 serving plates.
- Drizzle dressing evenly over each of the four Romaine halves.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.