https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Latin-Nuts.jpg 1200 1600 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2012-12-22 16:29:342017-03-13 15:29:59Latin Spiced Almonds
Latin Spiced Almonds
- 1 egg white - beaten
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- all natural zero calorie sweetener equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whole almonds
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the egg white until frothy.
- In a small bowl combine next 7 ingredients (cocoa powder through salt)
- Add the almonds and toss to combine.
- Spread the nuts in an even layer on the baking sheet in an even layer and bake for about 30 minutes, gently stirring once, until browned.
- Remove from oven and let the nuts sit on the baking sheet to cool.