- 3 cups loosely packed fresh herb leaves+
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite nuts (shelled)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- water to thin
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Campari tomatoes - or any ripe tomatoes; sliced
- Make the pesto: Combine first 4 ingredients in food processor and process to paste-like consistency. Scrape down the sides and with blade running, drizzle in olive oil. Add water to thin.
- Remove from food processor, stir and set aside.
- Preheat grill with medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, smooth side++ down for 5 minutes, flip and grill another 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Remove chicken from grill, slice on the bias+++ and place smooth side up on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread 1 tablespoon or more pesto over chicken.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded cheese over pesto..
- Place 2 or 3 slices of tomato on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on top of tomato.
- Dab a bit of pesto on top.
- Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
+I love a combo of basil, thyme, oregano and a hit of mint
++You always want to grill chicken with the smooth side down first...this is the "presentation side". Once you flip it you will have nice grill marks and it looks pretty 🙂
+++At an angle.