https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/pizzadough2.jpg 567 701 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-12-01 13:00:562018-12-01 13:03:44Simple Pizza Dough
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast (1/4 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for bowl and brushing
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 3 level cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- Place the water in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Add yeast and stir until dizzolved.
- Turn mixer on low and add sugar, oil, and salt. Let stir for 30 seconds.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until incorporated. Stop mixer and scrape down the sides and dough hook.
- Add the remaining flour slowly until dough starts to pull away from the sides of the mixer.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until a smooth dough forms, adding more flour as needed.
- Form the dough into a ball and place in a lightly oiled bowl, turn over to coat with oil.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and place in a warm place to rise until it about doubles in size, about 45 minutes.