April 18, 2020
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute
- Add cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Toss well and cook for 5 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add bacon and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice.