https://www.dianehenderiks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/brusselssproutsandcabbage.jpg 3561 3024 Diane Henderiks /wp-content/uploads/2013/04/horizontal-logo1.png Diane Henderiks2018-12-11 14:58:272018-12-11 15:03:40Simply Scrumptious Shredded Brussels Sprouts & Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute
- Add cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Toss well and cook for 5 minutes until veggies start to soften.
- Add lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat, add bacon and stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional lemon juice.